My Experience at New York Comicon 2011



Better late than never! I told you I would write about my New York Comicon experience eventually. It has only been about 5 months. What can I say about Comicon that hasn't already been said in blogs and nerd sites all over the net? I guess I can just share my favorite parts about the event. I spent a lot of my time at the Glass Eye Pix booth with John Torrani, Ted Geoghegan, Michael Gingold, James Felix McKenney, Glenn McQuaid, and Larry Fessenden. Larry is also a fan of Jameson Irish Whiskey so we had a lot to talk about. While handing out cards for the guys I jumped up and down everytime someone didn't want to take a flier. When I stopped they demanded that I keep jumping. Only two people turned down the cards and those were dudes. What were we promoting? The Innkeepers, I Sell the Dead, and Satan Hates You among other films and Tales From Beyond the Pale. It's a good thing I showed up for this because I didn't think I was going to be able to and James Felix McKenney told me that they do a parody of my step dad in Satan Hates You. I watched Satan Hates You previously but I was intoxicated and must not have noticed this. He pointed it out in the trailer. It's not everyday you find out that your dad is a character in a horror film. If you have not seen Satan Hates You, please do. The film stars Debbie Rochan, Michael Berryman, Angus Scrimm, Reggie Bannister, and Christine Spencer. Ms Spencer's screams were brain rattling. I actually felt like I was going to hell for watching this movie. Great job James!










My favorite guests that I enjoyed meeting were; James Marsters, Rose McGowan, and Eliza Dushku. n case you didn't know, I am a die hard Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan and James Marsters was at the top of my list. The man is also a talented musician. He wrote down the information of his band for me and I will be checking it out as soon as possible. I adore the mans vocals. They did a Buffy musical and his solo was one of my favorite parts of that episode. Yes I was sporting my Texas sweater. What can I say, I am proud of where I am from. I wore no make-up on this day. I was feeling under the weather and I planned on rocking out the red carpet the next day so I wasn't too worried about it. We are all geeks just trying to have a good time right?




Here are some of my favorite costumes:














Thanks a vagina and a pair of balls.




This girl is a HUGE fan of Phantom of the Paradise so I almost lost it.










Sexy McFly






John and Roger Corman! Jesus John, relax lol. You don't look happy at all.




John's birthday party was a lot of fun. My feet were killing me but it's frickin' New York City! There were one dollar pizzas on the corner and Michael Gingold and I were wrapped up in nerdy film conversation. I had no idea he was such a big fan of musicals! The soundtrack of Phantom of the Paradise was featured in that issue of Fangoria. He told me I MUST see the film "The Apple." I will actually be watching this tonight and taking notes. Thanks Michael. I was sad that we couldn't do karaoke. The bar was too crowded so we went to a nifty little pub a few blocks away that played a love of New Wave favorites of mine. There were so many photos taken. You can find them on my Face Book page. The whole trip was a lot of fun but the best part was meeting Bill Murray and attending the 10th Anniversary Screening and Q&A of The Royal Tenenbaums. You can read all about my experience with that here.




Those of you that follow me on Face Book and this blog, a lot of you kept commenting that you saw me but you were too nervous to come say hi. Please don't do that next time! I am just a nerd like. We could have conversed. Okay now if you took the time to read this then wander over HERE to read about upcoming events and charities I am in and spread the word please. Thanks to all of you that did spread the word on your face book pages! The Have a Heart Cookbook is what the girls and I are trying to promote the shit out of. If you bring it to Texas Frightmare Weekend, I will sign a copy of it for free. Keep an eye out for Char Hardin's Texas Threesome. This show included Roxy and I as guests and it was fun. It shall be added to her website tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post

.post-body.entry-content div div { display: none !important; }