HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!



I am exploding with joy after finding out just how big our film festival is going to be. When I was asked to host Texas Frightmare Weekend, I was honored. I had the pleasure to host some amazing panels, one being the amazingly talented duo Eihii Shinna from Audition and director Yoshihiro Nishimura. That was a fine day in my book. As honored as I felt about this achievement, it's nowhere near as honored as I am to be chosen as a horror judge for The Lagniappe Film Festival. I wasn't sure how big of an event this was going to be. I had doubts that many people were going to submit their films. Boy was I wrong! We have a tremendous amount of support from all over and at our meeting tonight I discovered an abundance of horror films submitted into the festival. One of them stars Scream Queens Brinke Stevens, Linnea Quigley, and Felissa Rose. I am also excited that a lot of my friends and acquaintances from Houston and Austin are submitting as well. I cannot thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart!

There will be VIP passes available for a full weekend pass to all of the events, red carpet, and even the reception that will be held at perhaps one of creepiest buildings downtown. It looks like a castle. I have always wanted to shoot in front of it. If you're a student, there will be another price for you. Not sure about all the details yet. The red carpet event will be on Friday! Hoping to have some panels. It's too early to tell as of now. We have so much to work on so stay tuned for more information or keep tabs on the site. 

A reminder for what I am looking for in these horror films for the competition; I am a harsh critic. I have seen just about everything. I want something original and fresh. Something lively that has my at the edge of my seat. I want you to blow my fucking mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post

.post-body.entry-content div div { display: none !important; }