TFW, Shoots, & VHS Oh My!



It has been a while since I posted on this thing. It's hard to keep up. I co-hosted two podcasts where we talked about Texas Frightmare Weekend. I don't know what else I can share that I haven't already. I guess I just want to thank you guys again from the bottom of my heart for showing Billy Pon and I so much support. I couldn't keep up with all the nice folks that came to our booth. I am especially happy for Billy because Doll Boy was practice for him. That's a pretty good outcome for practice. It's sweeping up awards at numerous conventions around America. Well deserved. I am honored to be in the sequel "Circus of the Dead." This role means a lot to me because I get to play a ballerina, a 'talent' I have years of experience with. I will not be your typical ballerina though, my jaw will be ripped apart and made into a tiara. I wish I could show you guys the sketch! It's going to be so awesome. We wanted to have my torso done in time so we could have it on display at the booth but there wasn't enough time.

Each year I look forward to seeing all of my friends. It's unfortunate, we are all like a family yet this is the only time we can get together. Well not the only time but one of the few times a year we get to play. I loved meeting Char Hardin for the first time. We talk on the phone all the time but this was our first meeting. This is the nicest woman in the world that will always have your back, no matter what. 








I didn't have enough time to go to panel since I was trying to promote Circus of the Dead but I did make it to the Rocky Horror Picture Show midnight screening with Patricia Quinn giving an introduction and answering questions. Her accent is adorable. Her favorite horror film is "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane." I took several pics but haven't taken the time to upload them. Everyone should experience RHPS at least once.

Then there's the Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector screening. This is right up my alley. If you ever want to know why people like us collect VHS, see this movie. It's fucking hilarious. The director, Dan Kinem, came onto Charred Remains to talk about the documentary and the future of VHS. This guy is really cool. I have conversed with him a few times online before even hearing about the film and I bought tapes from a couple of the guys in the film. Speaking of VHS, I had Dan Haggerty sign my Abducted VHS :)




So I also got engaged! 





I have been adding a slew of VHS articles to WC. I haven't had much time for DD true crime articles lately with all the film festivals and shoots going on. Recent VHS articles include....





I hope to make some layout changes to this blog but I only have so much time! I will try to get on that later, if I can. Thanks for the never ending support guys!

1 comment:

Think before you post

.post-body.entry-content div div { display: none !important; }