New York and Stuff

When November rolls around I like to list everything I am thankful for over the span of 10 months. I already made a few 'thankful' posts earlier and I am too busy to cover everything that has happened so if I leave any events or friends out, my bad dudes. On to the list of things I have been involved with, thankful for, etc etc etc....



The rough draft for the Hanukkillah script has been finished. More updates on that soon. Work keeps me pretty busy and this move into the new house has been draining. BUT I still find time to let photographers take pretty pictures of me. Some of these are behind the scenes and some are finishing touches by Darryl James.







This back drop is REAL! Downtown PA

We found a bar in the old hotel & I'm a bartender so ya...









I went to New York for Comicon, Judas Priest, and a few other events. Got to spend time with my bestie Torrani, Ted, and the lovely wife Bev. Also, got to spend more time with the Soskas. I planned on writing about my entire experience but I had serious jet lag and now much of the excitement has faded. I am getting old.










Journalists, I highly recommend getting the 4-Day Pro pass



Like I said before, work keeps me busy and around this time of the year I get a lot of requests to be a guest on local radio shows or to be interviewed in magazines to discuss Halloween-themed cocktails. The Beaumont Enterprise wrote two different articles that featured me this year where I talked about proper bar etiquette in one and the other article focused on "The Booziest Spots in Beaumont." The club Temptations, where I currently bartend, made it to #11. The old pub also made it to the list with the photo they took of me for the magazine Cat5 last Halloween. FNTX had me on their show a few months ago where I was asked to bring in a couple of my favorite dancers from the club and we discussed "The Real Ladies of the Night." They asked me to come back on the show where I made some Halloween-themed cocktails while we were live on the air. One of these is MY OWN RECIPE that's Underworld inspired, "The Corvinus Gene."





I love my co-workers. We are all so handsome. I still have to brag about how awesome my job is.



I was a Ghostbuster for Halloween

I still have my VHS column for Geek Juice and I love my boys! We have created a new theme show, Sex Ed With Geek Juice. The first show had several listeners on the GJ website. We did a short addition with The Cinema Snob's Brad Jones joining us.


Looking back at how awesome this year has been, it makes me realize just how privileged I am and all the cool shit I get to do. I get to interview and hang out with filmmakers and artists that I looked up to when I was a kid and continue to look up to. I have more than one amazing job. I have amazing friends. Amazing co-workers. An amazing boyfriend and above all things, AMAZING CHILDREN! I still cannot believe I actually made it to TV as well. Now that I think about it, it's no wonder I get attacked online by strange females that I never heard of. Jealousy makes people do crazy things and I forgive you all. Stay tuned for more updates AND I will see you all in Austin, November 16th for the VHS swap meet! Glad I got these built in shelves for my clams.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the one where you're peering around the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Think before you post

.post-body.entry-content div div { display: none !important; }