My Unpolished Guide to Halloween Cocktails

If you browse through my blog history, you will probably find that I already shared some of these recipes and photos in the past but I figured I would bring them all together and make it simple for cocktail enthusiasts and bartenders. Some of these are my original recipes. Others are not my original recipes but my own spin has been added. All I ask is that you abide the following....

  • Make the drinks according to the proper measurements, unless I say otherwise. One thing that pisses me off about 'some' other bartenders is that they do not care about the quality of the drinks. They're just doing this to pay rent. The proper ingredients and measurements ensure a tasty beverage and a happy customer who may return.
  • There IS a difference between shaking and stirring and another pet peeve of mine is a bartender who cannot be bothered to shake their drinks properly. Serving me an under chilled shot is a sure way to lose both my respect and my tip. This might be the reason why I make other bartenders nervous. It's not like I scream at them. I just tip accordingly then quietly talk to other bartenders about how they do not seem to know what they're doing.
  • Watch your free pour. Most bartenders seem to think they can count. They can't. It's okay to use jiggers. 
  • Use fresh ingredients if you can. Not all bars support this because it's time consuming but citrus spoils the drink. Always try to use fresh ingredients if you have the means.
  • Presentation is everything. Especially, if you're a bartender. Pay close attention to the garnishing and glass details.
If you do not have these ingredients in your bar, there's always time to beg your manager to order them from your local liquor store. If you're worried about costs for your Halloween party, you can always buy a couple liters of Taaka Vodka (So much EW) or a bottle of rum with food coloring to mix in. Jello shots are also cost effective.

My recipes can still be found in the Have a Heart for Horror cookbook that I think may still be sold out at the moment, damnit. I will also be sharing some new recipes on an upcoming episode for FNTX Radio (Virus Vodka, anyone?) and I will be bringing another bartender along with me this time. Bet you can't guess who it is? Just kidding, it's Dan Stone. Duh.  FNTX is live at The Capri Club every Wednesday night with a singer/song writer showcase but I'm not sure if we will be airing live at the club or their main head quarters. More details for this spooky episode soon.





The Red Witch:
1 part cherry vodka
2 parts champagne



(Serve in champagne flute after you stir, do not shake!)


Jack-O-Lantern and Black Devil Martini


Jack-O-Lantern (My recipe:)
1oz Hennessey
1 1/2 oz OJ
1/2oz Fresca (Sprite or Ginger ale will do if you're not into Grapefruit)
1/2oz Grand Marnier

(Normally I would garnish with an Orange but we seemed to be out. Shake ingredients into goblet glass)

Black Devil Martini:
2oz Myer's Rum or Cruzan Black Rum
1/2oz Dry Vermouth

(Sugar coat rim. Shake and strain into Martini glass and do not forget to chill that glass because presentation is everything. Garnish with black olives.)


Bucket of Blood - Inspired by a favorite, Carrie


Bucket of Blood:
Equal parts - Rum and Hawaiian Punch


(This is for Halloween parties. Pour into a fish bowl or punch bowl)

The Toxic Avenger:
1 Part Absolut
1/2 Part Cointreau
1/4 Blue Curacao
1 Part Midori or Melon Liquor
1 Part Pineapple

(Shake and pour)



Herzy's Blue Velvet - Inspired by the film. I have this t-shirt


Herzy's Blue Velvet (My recipe)
1oz Blueberry Schnapps
1oz Midori
1 Scoop of Ice Cream
Splash of Blue Curacao

The Frank Booth - Because Heineken is for pussies

The Frank Booth (My original recipe:)
1 1/2oz Grand Marnier
Float Pabst Blue Ribbon to the top. NO ice!

The Jack Torrence - Inspired by The Shining

The Jack Torrence  (Not the creation of 12 Bottle Bar. This is my own recipe under the same name)
1 1/2oz Jack Daniels
1oz Sweet and Sour
Splash of Coke

(Pour over ice and garnish with a cherry)

Morgue-A-Rita:
1 1/2oz Tarantula Tequila
1/4oz Triple Sec
1oz Soda
Two splashes of Lime Juice or simply squeeze in a fresh lime
1tsp Grenadine

Candy Corn

Candy Corn:
1 part Bombay Sapphire
2 parts Moscato
1tsp Grenadine

(Do not shake over ice! Garnish with candy corns)

The Corvinus Gene - Inspired by the Underworld films. Clearer photos are all over my websites. This is just me in deep thought)
The Corvinus Gene:
Simply layer chilled Hypnotiq with Black Cat Vodka on top. You do not have to use a spoon. I do not always use a spoon to layer because I can easily tilt the glass to layer. This is my original recipe that I featured on FNTX Radio last year but the name credit goes to Horror Cats blogger and online friend Dean Charles.

Spooky Screwdriver
Spooky Screwdriver:
Your basic Vodka and Orange Juice over ice, Black Cat Vodka over ice. Follow previous details for proper instructions but it's ridiculously easy. 

Jack-O-Tini
1oz Apple Pucker
1oz Jim Beam
1/4oz Cranberry Juice

(This is a strong and tart tini that's best shakin not stirred)

Ghostini:
1 1/2oz Vodka
1/2oz Midori
1oz Sweet and Sour

Vampire's Kiss:
1 1/2oz Vodka
1/2oz Chambord
1oz Cranberry Juice

Velvet Vampire:
1oz Vanilla Vodka
1oz Malibu Rum
1/2oz Raspberry Liquor
1/2oz Cranberry Juice
2 splashes of Soda

(Shake over ice and another bartender mentioned that Diet Sprite works well instead of Soda because it takes the dryness off the Cranberry)

Black Widow Shot:
Simply layer Black Cat Vodka and Cranberry juice. You do not have to use a spoon unless you have shaky hands. Just tilt the glass and layer the black Vodka on top)

Bourbon Street Nightmare:
1 1/2oz Knob Creek
1oz Orange Juice

(Pour over ice and garnish with an Orange syrup licorice stick)

The Ghostbuster:
This is an easy layered shot of Peach Schnapps, Midori or Melon Liqueur, and Irish Cream

Alien Urine Sample

Alien Urine Sample (This is one that I have been making for years and years and I now want to punch somebody when they ask for one)
1/2oz 99 Bananas
1/2oz Midori
1/2oz Peach Schnapps
1oz Malibu
Just a splash of Blue Curacao (Optional. Gives it a darker green)
Finish with Soda

(You can pour this over ice or shake and strain into a cocktail glass)

The Blob

The Blob (My original recipe:)
1 1/2oz Kettle One
1/2oz Peach Schnapps
One scoop of Ice Cream
Dribble some Grenadine, have fun with it!

Blood Sucker:
1 1/2oz Bacardi 0
1/2oz Cointreau
1/2oz Pineapple juice
1tsp Grenadine

Witch's Brew:
1 1/2oz Malibu
Equal parts Sprite, Pineapple, Cranberry

(Shake over ice)

Vampire:
1 1/2oz Creme de Cacao
1/4oz Triple Sec
One scoop of ice cream
1tsp Grenadine


Brain Hemorrhage aka Bloody Brain
Brain Hemorrhage:
This is a drink that I featured in Cat5 magazine years ago. If you're not careful, you can easily screw it up but it's surprisingly easy to make. It looks wicked gross but tastes sweet. To be honest, I am sooooo tired of making this. Time to move on.

Fill Peach Schnapps 3/4 full in a shot glass. Layer Bailey's on top. Carefully drip Grenadine through a straw in the center of the shot. Easy peasy. There are several variations of this and I have done them all.


If THIS^ is the outcome of your Brain Hemorrhage then you're not doing it right.


The Exorcist - Another drink I did for Cat5
The Exorcist:
1 1/2oz Tarantula Tequila
1/2oz Midori
Splash of Blue Curacao
3/4oz Lime Juice

(Shake and Pour over ice. Garnish with a lime wheel because it's fitting and looks cooler. Notice that I fucked the second one up)

Demon Jizz
Demon Jizz:
This recipe dies with me and Lackey even though I may have told it to Dan. You can order one and it's tasty as hell but I am not going to give the recipes out to other bartenders or patrons.


Coming soon, The Death of Mariah Carey because this drink is ridiculous. I'm thinking it may pair nicely with that Viniq disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post

.post-body.entry-content div div { display: none !important; }